Study in Australia

Reasons to study in Australia


Did you know Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States despite having a population of only 23 million? This isn’t surprising when you consider Australia has seven of the top 100 universities in the world! In fact, with over 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions, Australia sits above the likes of Germany, the Netherlands and Japan, ranking eighth in the Universitas 2012 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems.

These are strong academic credentials, but our institutions are just as highly rated as the cities that house them around the country. Australia has five of the 30 best cities in the world for students based on student mix, affordability, quality of life, and employer activity – all important elements for students when choosing the best study destination. And with more than A$200 million provided by the Australian Government each year in international scholarships, we’re making it easier for you to come and experience the difference an Australian education can make to your future career opportunities.

Do you have a specific study area of interest? There is every chance Australia has you covered, with at least one Australian university in the top 50 worldwide across the study areas of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Life & Agricultural Sciences, Clinical Medicine & Pharmacy, and Physics.

Given this impressive education pedigree, it’s not surprising there are now more than 2.5 million former international students who have gone on to make a difference after studying in Australia. Some of these students are among the world’s finest minds. In fact, Australia has produced 15 Nobel prize laureates and every day over 1 billion people around the world rely on Australian discoveries and innovations – including penicillin, IVF, ultrasound, Wi-Fi, the Bionic Ear, cervical cancer vaccine and Black Box Flight Recorders – to make their lives, and the lives of others, better.

Why wouldn’t you want to study with some of the best minds in the world?


1. in a new window)

2. in a new window)

3. in a new window)

4. in a new window)

5. in a new window)

6. in a new window)

7. in a new window)

8. in a new window)

9. in a new window) 


Frequently Asked Questions: Student Visa in Australia

May I study in Australia?

There are a number of visas which allow people to study in Australia. It is important that you choose the most suitable visa, depending on the course in which you would like to study. We offer professional advice on studying in Australia: we can help you choose the course and the visa that would be most appropriate for you.

What can I study on a student visa?

International students can only study CRICOS-approved courses. Therefore, not all institutions or courses are available to you. However, there is a huge selection of programs, at all levels of education, available across the country.


How much does it cost to study in Australia?

Tuition ranges in price from:

  • $200-$350 a week for an English course (ELICOS)
  • $3,000-$10,000 for a certificate or diploma
  • $15,000-$35,000 a year for a Bachelor or Masters

 Can I take an online course?

No, you cannot take ‘online-only’ courses. To qualify for a student visa, you must attend face-to-face classes. You will attend and average of 2-3 days a week. However, by visa rules, 25% of your course content can be online.

 How long does it take to enrol in a course?

We can generally have your enrolled within 1-4 weeks, depending on the institution.

 Do I have to pay all the tuition fees at once?

No, you can pay your tuition in instalments – usually every 3 to 6 months depending on the institution. The exception is for English courses, where you must pay the first 3 months upfront.

How often will I have to go to class?

This depends on your program, but 2-3 days is the average for college and university, while 4 days is normal for English courses.

Do I need an IELTS exam to enrol and get my visa?

For non-native English speakers, this will depend on what you study, and your passport nationality.

Who can translate my documents?

Generally speaking, this must be done by an accredited translation service.

How fast can I get everything organized?

In an emergency time frame, we can get you enrolled, and prepared for your visa application, in just a few days!

What is Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)?

An Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) issued by your Australian education provider is the only accepted evidence of enrolment for processing student visa applications. Depending on your country of nationality and your principal course of study, you may have to undergo a preliminary assessment before an institution issues an eCoE. A copy of your eCoE must be submitted to your local Department of Australian Immigration (DIAC) office before your student visa can be issued.

What is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)?

OSHC is a mandatory requirement of your student visa. You must be covered for the entire time you are studying in Australia. It must be paid in full for the entire time your will have the visa. You will purchase your OSHC just before you apply for your student visa. You have to pay for it all upfront (no partial payments).

 Can I travel on my student visa?

Yes, you can exit and enter Australia as many times as you need to while your visa is valid.

 For how long will I have a student visa?

Your visa will be issued for the same length as your courses. Immigration will add an extra 1, 2 or 3 months to the visa, depending on the length of the course(s) and the time of year the classes end.

Once I have my student visa, can I stay in the country even if class has not started?

You can be onshore (in Australia) for 93 days from the day you apply to your student visa, to the first day of class. However, you can only remain onshore (in Australia) for a maximum of 8 weeks between CoEs.

What if my course is starting and I still don’t have my student visa?

If you are on a bridging visa, you must attend class once it starts.

Can I study on another type of visa?

You can study on a visitor visa for 3 months, or a Working Holiday/Work & Holiday visa for 4 months.

How many hours can I work on a student visa?

While class is IN session, including the exam period, you can work 40 hours every 2 weeks (i.e. 30 hours one week, 10 hours the next week). When your course is NOT in session, you can work unlimited hours.

If I have a partner on my visa, what are his/her work rights?

If you are studying a Masters or higher, your partner has unlimited work rights at all times. If you are studying a bachelor or lower, your partner can only work 40 hours every 2 weeks (i.e. 30 hours one week, 10 hours the next week).

When can I start working?

If you are on a bridging visa, you will continue the work rights of the visa you originally held. If you were on a Working Holiday or Work & Holiday, you can keep working full time until you are granted the student visa. If you have been granted the student visa, but class has not started, you lose your work rights until class starts.If you were on a visitor visa, you will not have work rights until the visa is granted AND class has started.

 Who are eligible for student Visa?

Before you apply for this visa, you must have been accepted to study full-time in a registered course at an educational institution in Australia.  organized appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age. Please check details following:



Packaged courses

Students under 18 years of age

Genuine temporary entrant

English language requirements

Acceptable English language test score

Financial capacity requirements

 Documentary evidence of financial capacity

Health insurance



Pre-qualifying visas

Family members applying to join you

English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

School students



For more information about Study in Australia, you can visit our following offices in Bangladesh. 

Dhaka Office: 

Room No- 106, 1st Floor 

BTI Central Plaza

195 Green Road, Farmgate, Dhaka – 1215

Manager - Nasir Uddin Chowdhury Rassell 

Mobile : +8801713017987




Sylhet Office: 

Suite - 325, Surma Tower, 3rd Floor 

Talthola, Sylhet - 3100 

Manager – Mahfuzur Rahman

Mobile : +8801757068874 , +88016175208320